If you were given the chance to either record a guest voice or create a couch gag for The Simpson’s Treehouse Of Horror…would you take it or go for the gusto by not only creating the couch gag but the entire opening sequence as well?
That’s exactly what writer/director/all-around awesome dude Guillermo del Toro decided to do…and it is GLORIOUS.
The opening gag includes really fun cameos from directing masters Alfred Hitchcock, novelist Stephen King, the car from The Car, a little surprise from “Futurama,” and of course, one of del Toro’s masterpieces – Hellboy!
Enough talk! Ready for 2 minutes and 54 seconds of “AHHHHHHH!”?
SO many horror/sci-fi references lovingly playing side by side with each other that I could name them all – but I’m not gonna, because where’s the fun in that?! Del Toro, who is such a huge fan of the show he has a special room in his house FILLED to the brim with Simpsons goodness (including a 30-inch tall figure of Mr. Burns as Dracula found only in Germany), told EW that he would LOVE a crack at a TOH segment someday.
“There’s a lot of stuff in the title sequence that’s pretty graphic, but it would be great to make a Treehouse of Horror that is really scary — that actually makes you shiver.”
I would love the shiz out of that!
Treehouse Of Horror XXIV (24) airs THIS Sunday night at 8pm on FOX!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015