Whenever a beloved cast or crew member dies, it’s never easy for anyone. “The Simpsons” has had to say goodbye to quite a few of their own, including Phil Hartman, Jan Hooks and Marcia Wallace.
When co-creator Sam Simon passed away from colon cancer on March 8th, fans from around the world expressed their grief while actors like Seth MacFarlane, Boy George, Ricky Gervais, and former Simpsons writer Conan O’Brien stood alongside Matt Groening and exec producer Al Jean while paying tribute to “a genius and a great humanitarian in ways public and private.”
When this week’s episode aired, the end featured a clip from a previous interview with Simon followed by these tiles.
Simon once said “I see it as kind of a triumph of doing your work from that very pure place of just doing stuff that you personally enjoy,” and I couldn’t agree more.
Rest well, kind sir.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015