This year, DC TV fans are in for a treat when The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow all come together for a crossover event that’s not only going to be the biggest of any of the shows so far, but will be one of the biggest team ups in TV history – period. The cast members seem to know it too, with Stephen Amell and a number of the other notable stars not shying away from teasing the eventual meeting of heroes this season.
While not much is known about the crossover’s plot or story still either, the main creative team behind all the series have officially revealed who/what the main villains of the crossover are going to be.
Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim, announced today that the heroes will be going up against the DC alien race, The Dominators:
“This year, for our mega ‘Arrowverse’ crossover, we’re taking inspiration from a DC crossover from the late 1980s known as Invasion!, which featured an alien race called the Dominators, who’d previously vexed the Legion of Superheroes. We’re using cutting edge prosthetics and computer effects to achieve a feature film-quality look which is faithful to Invasion! artist Todd McFarlane’s interpretation of the characters.”
Judging by the aliens’ nature in the DC universe as well, we have to imagine that The Dominators will be introduced through Supergirl, especially since this will be the first time that any of the other involved shows will feature their heroes taking on aliens.
Luckily for them, Kara (Melissa Benoist) has more than enough experience taking on those kinds of alien species, and it’ll be interesting to see if The Dominators play any kind of role in bringing Supergirl into the same universe as the other DC TV shows, rather than existing in her own alternate reality. No matter what though, in case you didn’t already know, this crossover is going to be huge, and The Dominators are just further proof of that fact.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016