The Walking Dead is no stranger to physical or emotional brutality, and has had its fair share on hard-to-watch scenes, some that have even made the bravest of fans turn away from their TV screens for a moment or grabbing a hold of their stomachs.
However, while recently speaking on a Walking Dead-themed episode of Inside the Actors Studio with some of her fellow co-stars, creator Robert Kirkman, and producer Scott M. Gimple, Lauren Cohan revealed the one scene from the series that almost made her leave the show because she was that affected by its emotional consequences and gruesome imagery.
Check out the clip below:
Fans of the show will already be familiar with the scene, in which Lori decides to have a c-section to make sure her baby survives, while also killing herself in the same moment, when Maggie tells her she won’t survive the surgery. It was a dark moment for a show that has basically made its home inside the deepest depths of humanity’s darkness, and it makes sense why some of the cast members might be a little shaken by the scene’s circumstances.
Considering Maggie’s current state in the show though, and the possible trajectory she could take in the second half of this season, we’re pretty happy that Cohan decided to stick around and let her character’s emotional arc continue to its fullest potential.
The Walking Dead will return on February 14th on AMC.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016