Several months ago, in what ended up being an overall brutal renewal and cancellation season, fans were left broken hearted when Marvel and ABC chose not to renew the beloved Agent Carter for a third season, despite the positive critical reception of its first two seasons. Now, as Hayley Atwell has gone on to her own ABC show and several of the other cast members have found new projects, the likelihood of a third season seems to be dwindling more and more as time goes on.
However, while appearing on the EW Brave New Warriors panel today at San Diego Comic-Con, Dominic Cooper, who played Howard Stark in the series and is currently starring in Preacher on AMC, teased that there may be a third season after all, due to the sizable fan demand following the cancellation.
At the very least, there looks to be internal discussions about it.
He doesn’t know what is going on but Dominic Cooper says there is talk about more Agent Carter due to fan demand. #SDCC
— Shawn M. @ SDCC (@ShawnEmMadden) July 22, 2016
This doesn’t come as that big of a surprise honestly, considering how beloved Agent Carter really was, especially after its notably solid second season. The real question is all about whether it actually ends up happening or not. Cooper has previously expressed his interests to play Howard onscreen again, and it seems like all of the other cast members would be game.
Now it’s all just a matter of when, where, and how. If it actually ever progresses far enough for those kinds of discussions, that is.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016