In the latest move that makes fans scream “WHY!?!?” before Hulk punching whoever is closest to them; Tristar has made a deal with The Jim Henson Co. to produce a new version of Labyrinth, according to THR.
Originally unknown, it now appears that the film will be a sequel to the original film, not a remake. (Update via EW)
The original Labyrinth starred the late David Bowie and a young Jennifer Connelly. With the legendary Bowie having just recently passed, one has to wonder if this is too soon; if necessary at all.
What may be seen to some as a bright side to all this confusion is that they have tapped Nicole Perlman; co-writer of Guardians of the Galaxy to helm the script. She worked her way up in Marvel’s writing program and is also set to be the co-writer of Marvel’s first ever female led solo movie, Captain Marvel.
How are you feeling about this GeekNation? Excited for a sequel or in a complete rage over yet another cult classic being thrown to the wolves? How do you feel about the timing? Stay tuned for any new details, right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Mike Holtz (see all)
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Just Dropped A Movie Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump - February 10, 2016
- Get Ready To Play A Little Game: ‘Saw: Legacy’ Is Happening - February 10, 2016
- Johnny Depp To Star In Upcoming Monster Movie Revival ‘The Invisible Man’ - February 10, 2016
- We’re Getting A New Full Length ‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer Very Soon - February 7, 2016
- The Newest Teaser Trailer For ‘Daredevil Season 2’ Is Here - February 7, 2016