In substitution of any actual, currently nonexistent footage from the film, during the Thor: Ragnarok panel at Hall H this past weekend, Kevin Feige and co. instead aired a short mockumentary made by Ragnarok director Taika Waititi for the Hall H audience which “showed” what Thor and Hulk were up to during the events of Captain America: Civil War. Spoiler alert – it may or may not have involved Thor moving in with an Australian named Darryl, and weilding his hammer while wearing a bathrobe.
One of the funniest bits in the short though, was when Thor showed the audience his wall map in his bedroom called “What are the Infinity Stones?” which looked like something pulled straight from Carrie Mathison’s wildest dreams, and showed Thor clumsily putting together all of the clues and facts he currently knows are linked to the six stones including Loki, Thanos, and the Avengers.
For his information on Thanos though, Thor was understandably lacking, referring to him only as the Purple Man in the Floating chair. Waititi recently shared an image from the short itself as well, of that very moment:
So he knows that the Purple Man in the Floating Chair is Purple, has a magic glove, and doesn’t like standing up. Well, he’s certainly not wrong from what we know about Thanos either, and who knows? Maybe amidst all of the other chaos and Cate Blanchett’s Hela trying to basically bring about the end of the world, the God of Thunder may finally learn some more about the Avengers’ secretive puppet master. Here’s to hoping, at least.
Thor: Ragnarok is set to hit theatres on November 3rd, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016