Late last week, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, and Taika Waititi were seen shooting scenes for next year’s Thor: Ragnarok on the streets of Australia, which in an unexpected surprise for fans, had been redone entirely to look like the streets of New York City. Considering the film had been previously assumed to be all taking place in outer space, it was a surprise to see the film’s lead duo sporting human clothes and taking selfies with extras.
While a possible Doctor Strange easter egg may reveal one of the reasons for Thor and Loki’s visit to Earth, it doesn’t quite explain the full reason behind the two’s journey there. At least, until some new set photos from the film were released recently, that may reveal exactly why the duo have to venture away from Asgard and the cosmos.
The following images were all captured by Brisbane photographer Glenn Hunt, which not only show off more shots of Hemsworth and Hiddleston on set, but also Anthony Hopkins… playing an exiled and homeless version of Odin.
A photo posted by Glenn Hunt (@glennhuntphoto) on
While it’s impossible to know for sure what exactly is going on with Odin here, we’d be willing to bet that it has something to do with Loki banishing him to Midgard (Earth) following the events of Thor: The Dark World, which ended with Loki taking over the throne of Asgard.
If so, then it’s possible that Odin is the very reason that Loki and Thor have gone to Earth in the first place, likely after an attack from Hela (Cate Blanchett) and the main storyline of Ragnarok has begun. How Stephen Strange may fit into that is a mystery completely unto itself at this point, but it looks like Thor and Loki may need the help of their Father again, if they have any chance of stopping the literal end of the world in the film. How much longer do we have to wait for this one again?
Thor: Ragnarok is set to hit theatres on November 3rd, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016