Tom Hanks may not be at the same level of fame and celebrity as, say, Brad Pitt or George Clooney, but the two-time Oscar-winning actor has unquestionably become an American film icon over the past three decades. He’s having a heck of a year in 2013, putting in some of the best work of his life in Paul Greengrass’ Captain Phillips and playing Walt Disney on screen in the sure-to-be-holiday-hit Saving Mr. Banks. Not to mention he’s one of the nicest guys in Hollywood, and he’s basically adored by every movie lover on the planet.
Last month, Hanks was the subject of BAFTA’s “A Life in Pictures” series, and the organization recorded a 75-minute Q&A with him that has now been posted online (via The Playlist). You can listen to the entire interview on Soundcloud, or if you’re pressed for time, check out an eleven minute highlight video below. It’s a fantastic look back at his career, and he talks about everything from battling with Nora Ephron over story beats in Sleepless in Seattle, to crafting his character’s voice in Forrest Gump, to working with Steven Spielberg on Saving Private Ryan. If you’re a Tom Hanks fan, this is like hitting the jackpot.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014