Leonardo DiCaprio chose The Revenant as his follow-up to The Wolf of Wall Street, and if a new rumor is to be believed, he’s about to reunite with an Inception co-star in the upcoming film from acclaimed director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
Our friends over at Schmoes Know have a source tells them that Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises, Bronson) is “in serious talks” to join DiCaprio in the revenge film. The story, for those just joining us, is based on the novel by Michael Punke and stars DiCaprio as Hugh Glass, a 19th century fur trapper who is mauled by a grizzly bear, robbed by his crew, and left for dead. They don’t count on him surviving, but Glass is hell-bent on tracking them down to exact his revenge.
No official word yet on who Hardy would play, but the Schmoes speculate that he’ll be taking the role of the villain, which makes sense because there aren’t many other characters in the story in the first place. If Mad Max: Fury Road is any good, that will likely work wonders for his visibility, but even though it finished principal photography in 2012 (though some reshoots took place last year), it won’t hit theaters until May of 2015. Despite starring in Inception and The Dark Knight Rises, Hardy hasn’t become a household name quite yet, and starring in another DiCaprio project would go a long way toward boosting his profile even further.
Interested in seeing Hardy and DiCaprio reunite on the big screen? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014