Marvel has had a problem with substantial villains for their entire cinematic universe up until this point, and if anything, it’s possibly the studio’s only consistent weakness. However, like every rule, there’s an expection, and when it comes to Marvel villains, his name is Loki. Tom Hiddleston’s Shakespearean, rich character has become a fan favorite amongst the nerd community ever since his initial appearance in 2011′s Thor, and Hiddleston’s love of the character and community has only helped to propel that love forward even more.
The last time we saw Loki though, he had taken over the Throne of Asgaard at the end of Thor: The Dark World, but with Thor: Ragnarok set for a late 2017 release, fans will finally get to see Hiddleston reprise his beloved role once more, and apparently, it may be for the last time.
Hiddleston teased Ragnarok as possibly his last turn as the character during a recent interview with The Daily Beast:
“Thor 3 will be cool because I’ve not done it for four years. I love working with Chris [Hemsworth]. This will be my last time out of the gate.”
Now, you shouldn’t necessarily take this as gospel by any means, since when he was later asked if that meant he wouldn’t be appearing at all in Avengers: Infinity War, Hiddleston replied:
“I don’t know! Honestly, I don’t know. They haven’t got their ducks in a row yet. They make it up as they go along.”
I’d be very surprised if Loki didn’t factor into the story of Infinity War in some way, even if it’s a small moment alone, considering his previous history with Thanos and his sizable importance in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Both Anthony and Joe Russo have said they’re planning on tackling a number of both new and old characters in the two-part finale though, so it will be interesting to see which heroes and villains end up making the cut, and if Hiddleston appears onscreen, or on the cutting room floor.
Thor: Ragnarok is set to hit theatres on November 3rd, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016