In addition to all of the new characters set to be introduced in Transformers: The Last Knight next year, the fifth installment in the franchise and director Michael Bay’s “last” time directing any of the films as well, the film will be bringing back a number of familiar characters as well, both ones we already thought were coming back and some we thought we might never see again.
One of the more recent additions set to return to the franchise, only just introduced in Age of Extinction in 2014, is Drift, the Samurai autobot voiced by Ken Watanabe. After already revealing the character’s new updated vehicle design last month as well, our first look at Drift’s new robot design for the movie has been revealed (via Paramount).
Check out the new design below:
The changes are fairly noticeable right away, with the character going from his blue color in Age of Extinction, to a striking new red this time around, which can be attributed to the character’s upgrade from a blue Bagatti in the previous film to a Mercedes-AMG GT R in The Last Knight. Now, here’s to hoping that, unlike basically any “ethnic” Autobot or Decepticon in the previous films, The Last Knight chooses not to lean heavily into offensive stereotypes with Drift. Though, it’s probably going to, if we’re being completely honest.
Transformers: The Last Knight is set to hit theatres on June 23rd, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016