Jack O’Connell’s having quite the year so far, and 2015 is looking pretty good for him, too.
Not only did O’Connell bag roles in Angelina Jolie-directed Unbroken, 300: Rise Of An Empire, Starred Up, ’71, and nab the lead role in Terry Gilliam’s on-again-off-again-possibly-cursed project The Man Who Killed Don Quixote), word from Variety is that the talented up-and-comer could soon be working with Oscar winners Julia Roberts and George Clooney in the Jodie Foster-directed Money Monster.
The film reportedly focuses on a TV personality named Lee (George Clooney) who’s been dishing out insider trading tips and widely known as the “money guru of Wall Street” who finds himself held hostage on live TV by Kyle (possibly O’Connell’s role), a man who took Lee’s advice and lost all of his family’s money in the process, threatening to kill him if the cameras are turned off. Of course, a live hostage situation makes Lee’s ratings soar as the entire country tunes in to find out just how much a man’s life is worth.
O’Connell – like Roberts – is in negotiations to star in the pic (that will unfold in real time), but so far it sounds pretty fun, right?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015