Right now, putting all cast drama aside (fake or not), Fast 8 is shaping up to be one of the most promising installments in the Fast & Furious franchise to date, with F. Gary Gray coming off his success with Straight Outta Compton on as director and a cast of stellar new additions including Scott Eastwood, Charlize Theron, Helen Mirren, Kristofer Hivju, and more. Normally, that’d be a cast worth getting excited for alone, not counting the number of large returning stars as well.
Up until this point, we’ve only gotten to see some cool behind-the-scenes videos and images from Fast 8 as well, but with a new announcement from the franchise’s lead star, it looks like we won’t have to wait all that much longer before we get our first look at some official footage for the film.
Vin Diesel has announced on his Facebook page today that the first trailer for Fast 8 will be released on December 11th this year:
The film wrapped principal photography back in mid-August as well, and judging by the set videos and location shooting that we already know took place during the production schedule, this could very well be the largest Fast & Furious film to date, on a global scale alone. Plus, it’s got Charlize Theron as its lead villain. That’s never a bad thing.
Fast 8 is set to hit theatres on April 14th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016