Let’s get real for a second: Vin Diesel doesn’t exactly have the reputation of a savvy Hollywood player. He seems to be thought of as an extension of his Dominic Toretto character from the Fast & Furious movies: a sort of simple, musclebound lunkhead. But after seeing this video interview Diesel recorded with HitFix, it’s clear that he’s being wildly underestimated in the Hollywood community. It was largely Diesel’s influence that has steadied the Fast series into one of the most ridiculous and enjoyable franchises still running today, and I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves for contributing to the story arc of the past three films.
In the interview, he talks about the challenges of playing the same character over the course of a decade, reveals the scope of his creative influence on the series, and talks about his plans for a new trilogy moving forward as director James Wan (Saw) comes in to direct Fast & Furious 7 for release next summer. I saw Fast & Furious 6 the other night, and while I didn’t think it was quite as good as Fast Five, it has some insane moments that fans of the series will absolutely love. Fast & Furious 6 hits theaters on May 24th, 2013.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014