After his stellar run of comedies from Old School to Dodgeball to Anchorman to Wedding Crashers, it seemed as if Vince Vaughn was on top of the world. But starting with The Break-Up, things started slowly going downhill for the fast-talking star. Fred Claus, Four Christmases, Couples Retreat, The Dilemma, The Watch, and even this year’s The Internship certainly aren’t looked upon as fondly as his previous work, but if his new project is any indication, he might be able to turn things around. Watch the first trailer for Delivery Man below:
Behind the smooth-talking, quick-witted, sarcasm-heavy banter Vaughn is usually known for, there has almost always been a sweeter side to his characters. Delivery Man seems to dial back the cynicism and hone in on that heart, and maybe that’s what Vaughn needs to get back on the public’s good side. The Internship presented audiences with the sort of stereotypical Vaughn persona that had us cracking up throughout the early 2000s, but that movie hasn’t made its money back at the box office yet. Maybe switching things up a little is a smart move for Vaughn’s career, and we’ll have to wait and see if this more heartfelt angle is the right way to do that. After all, the movie is based on a Canadian comedy called Starbuck and comes from the same writer/director as the original. Plus, Cobie Smulders and Chris Pratt never hurt as supporting cast. Thoughts?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014