I’ll be honest, after all of the previous hype and the noise made about the film’s spectacle and visual effects, I was left mostly cold by the first few trailers for Duncan Jones’ Warcraft. The visual effects still seemed a little too video game-y for my tastes, and mostly, the trailers didn’t seem to amount to much more than a bunch of CGI action shots.
Over the past few months though, as new teasers have been revealed and new artwork for the film has been released as well, I’ve felt my anticipation for the film start to grow gradually, as we’ve gotten more and more insight into its story and emotional center.
Now, a new trailer for the movie has been released online, and prepare yourselves: war is coming.
Hoping to be the first legitimately good video game adaptation that Hollywood has released so far, I can’t imagine what Warcraft would look like without Duncan Jones at the helm.
An already accomplished and ambitious filmmaker in his own right, it looks like he’s brought his own passion and knowledge of the original game into the new film here, and combined it with a narrative that could make it a satisfying filmgoing experience. Compared to all of the other trailers and teasers released so far as well, this is the one that’s given me the most confidence in the project yet.
Warcraft is set to hit theatres on June 10th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016