Seems like yet another DC character is coming to the small screen and this time, it’s NOT for the CW.
According to Deadline Hollywood, Warner Bros. TV has brought in Neil Marshall (The Descent) to direct the NBC pilot based on DC Vertigo’s wisecracking supernatural private dick John Constantine, from a teleplay by Daniel Cerone and story by David S. Goyer (Batman vs. Superman, Sandman).
If you’ll remember back in 2005, Keanu Reeves (above) portrayed Constantine for Francis Lawrence’s vision of the comic book character, but as Jordan from I Am Rogue points out, in the comics, Constantine had paranormal powers and was a bit of a conman who fell into the supernatural detective game armed with a ton of tricks and penchant for not really giving two s***s about anything.
Oh, yeah. Did I forget to mention he’s actually and blonde and an Englishman? YUP!
Aside from The Descent, Neil Marshall’s directing credits also include Doomsday, Centurion (starring Michael Fassbender), the EPIC “Game Of Thrones” episode “Blackwater” from season 2 (and another for season 4) as well as the pilot and an episode for the Starz pirate hit, “Black Sails.” Will this be a good show? It’s too early to tell, but at least Marshall has a solid track record, and it could at least be worth watching.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015