Although they released a statement yesterday saying that they wouldn’t, Warner Bros. Pictures has apparently changed their minds, and released the first trailer from David Ayer’s forthcoming DC Comics-based film Suicide Squad online in high definition. The trailer, which was first screened at Warner Bros.’ Hall H panel on Saturday, features our first-ever looks in full motion of the likes of Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, and of course, Jared Leto as the Joker.
See it below.
The trailer definitely draws a more intimate, ground-level contrast to the sweeping trailer that was released this weekend for 2016′s other DC Comics-based superhero film, Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Clearly taking place in the same world as that film and 2013′s Man of Steel, the Suicide Squad trailer makes direct mention of Superman, and we also get a glimpse of Batman in pursuit of Harley Quinn and the Joker on top of a moving car. Where Batman v Superman looks like it will be bringing the broad, bombastic world of DC’s biggest heroes to life, Suicide Squad definitely looks like it will be doing the same for the darker, harder-edged world of some of DC’s most brutal villains.
Batman v Superman hits theaters on March 25th of next year, with Suicide Squad following suit on August 5th. For more on the film as it continues to develop, keep it locked on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015