I’m not a Showtime subscriber, so I’m sad to say I haven’t seen any of the network’s series “House of Lies.” But I live just down the street from the Upright Citizen’s Brigade theater in Hollywood, and for years I’ve been a huge fan of actor/comedian Ben Schwartz (who plays Clyde Oberholt on the show). Schwartz regularly performs at UCB, and it’s been great watching his career bloom as he’s scored roles on a J.J. Abrams TV show (“Undercovers”), an Adam McKay feature (The Other Guys), and – perhaps most famously – the excellent NBC comedy “Parks and Recreation” as the lovably douchey Jean-Ralphio.
The up-and-comer managed to convince his “House of Lies” co-stars to come down to UCB and perform a thirty minute improv special, and thankfully for us, Showtime was there to film the whole thing. The episode is called “House of Lies Live!” and it airs on the network on December 31st at 10pm, but presumably as a late Christmas present to everyone who isn’t a subscriber, Showtime has made the entire thing available for free to all on YouTube (via IndieWire). Check out the full episode below. “House of Lies” returns for its third season on January 12th, 2014.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014