I hope you’re all watching “Breaking Bad,” as the final half of the final eight episodes of the series aired last night on AMC. The show is – without hyperbole – one of the best things to ever air on television, and after seeing last night’s episode, “Blood Money,” I’m now completely convinced creator Vince Gilligan and his team will stick the landing. (Read our recap of Jason Reitman’s Live Read of the “Breaking Bad” pilot script here.)
In a series filled with blood, bombs, drugs, and death, there have to be moments of levity. Often they come from the slick, conniving lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), but in last night’s episode, the comedy came from Jesse Pinkman’s drugged-out buddies Badger and Skinny Pete.
Badger, played by actor Matt Jones, went on a rant describing an unwritten screenplay idea his character has for an episode of “Star Trek,” and the folks at Vulture have already managed to animate the whole thing. In typical “Breaking Bad” fashion, there are some pretty big questions (about clones, no less) mixed in with the comedic stuff, making this one of the show’s high points when it comes to pop culture references. Take a look below, and let us know what you think in the comments.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014