If their morning coffee didn’t give these customers the jolt of energy they needed to get through their day, what happened next certainly did. Yahoo points us to a really fun and creative way for Screen Gems to get the word out about their remake of Carrie, which is set to hit theaters in a couple of weeks.
Viral marketing company Thinkmodo took over a New York City cafe called ‘sNice and installed a special rig for a stuntman, remote controlled tables and chairs, and even books and picture frames loaded with springs. Then they put their own version of Carrie – not Chloe Grace Moretz, who will appear in the upcoming film, but NYC actress Andrea Morales – in the middle of the action, populated the area with extras, and dropped unsuspecting patrons into the fray. Watch what happened:
More often than not, the results are disappointing when studios try to manufacture viral videos. But Thinkmodo knows that the internet loves watching prank videos of people being scared out of their minds, and Carrie is a film that’s uniquely suited to those purposes, so this project doesn’t have the same air of desperation that a lot of studio-generated efforts have.
Carrie hits theaters on October 18th, 2013.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014