Open Road Films blazed a trail – or should I say, “blazed a trailer” – earlier this week with their shortened trailer for the Steve Jobs biopic Jobs being the first official movie trailer to utilize the app’s new 15-second video feature. And much in the same that that comedians found creative ways to use Twitter’s 6-secon video app Vine, a couple of Hollywood stars have already taken to Instagram video to create their own movie far outside the studio system.
David Koechner (better known as Champ Kind to you Anchorman fans) and Rocketman star Harland Williams have teamed up for a ridiculous buddy cop comedy called Steady and Shakes, releasing the story in 15-second bursts. It’s pretty much everything you’d expect from a buddy cop parody, but there’s one bit (which I won’t ruin) that had me cracking up. Check out the first eight installments courtesy of Koechner’s Instagram, and thanks to The Dissolve for the find.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014