It’s the day before a long holiday weekend, so there’s not much going on in the way of breaking TV or film news. But if you’re stuck at the office for the next few hours, watching the time ticking down in agonizingly slow fashion, here’s something that may brighten your day a bit. Disney animator Glen Keane recently released a short film called Duet (via The Wall Street Journal) that tells the story of a boy, girl, and dog as they grow from infants into adults.
It’s a wordless wonder of a movie, with a dazzling visual style, a sweet story, and that good old-fashioned magic that’s rarely captured with today’s digital imagery. It reminds me a little of Disney’s Paperman, my favorite animated short film, and while it doesn’t quite soar to that level, it’s a stunning piece of work that should leave you with a smile on your face. It’s actually intended to be viewed on a mobile device, but you can check it out below regardless of how you’re currently accessing the site:
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014