The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will swing (or, perhaps more accurately, shoot some stuff out of its wrists and use it as a rope-like object to zip between buildings) into theaters in less than a month and a half, and in celebration of its imminent release, Sony has let loose its final trailer. Yup, no new material until the film arrives. This is the final one. Feast your eyes. (We may be a bit skeptical over the finality of this trailer, but only time will tell.)
The latest installment in the newly rebooted franchise picks up after the events of the last film and continues to blow out the Spidey universe, introducing both new bad guys and the revelation of plenty of secrets.
This new trailer starts off on a majorly (and literally) high note, with Andrew Garfield’s Peter Parker gleefully expounding on what he loves about being Spider-Man – in short, everything – complete with some funny puns and even the special use of some of his skills. Man, being Spider-Man must be awesome! The swinging! The crime-stopping! The old best pal (Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn) newly returned! The cool girlfriend (Emma Stone, returning as Gwen Stacy) to hang with! Yay!
Perhaps we spoke too soon – because there’s no such thing as a superhero film without some big time supervillains to battle, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is packed with them. It looks like just as Peter starts to settle into his new role, baddies just start coming out of the woodwork.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens on May 2.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014