Yesterday, some details and photos were released about Brad Bird’s upcoming sci-fi film Tomorrowland, and today, the first trailer for the movie has hit the web. Check it out below:
Given Bird’s track record (he’s the guy responsible for The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol), I really shouldn’t be so shocked that this trailer looks pretty incredible. I guess because – before yesterday – I hadn’t heard anything about this movie for a while, it was sort of “out of sight, out of mind” and I hadn’t thought too much about it. But Clooney’s soothing voiceover, that excellent score, and the stunning clarity of the transitions between worlds that the young Britt Robertson experiences all work really well together. This is a great teaser, and since it looks like this is almost more of a clip from the film than a standard teaser, it’s a good bet that we’re actually going to see this action play out in the movie, mostly removing the possibility of being “tricked” by a strong trailer.
Let me know what you think!
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014