Christopher Nolan and Guillermo del Toro have become two of the most beloved filmmakers in the entertainment industry today. Where del Toro has made a name for himself as not only an icon in the geek culture, but through his work in magical films like Pan’s Labyrinth or Hellboy, has become well-known as a skilled genre filmmaker. While Nolan makes films that could not be any more different in their own ways, as each strives for a certain level of grounded reality.
Which is why these two distinct voices having a conversation together is so interesting. Even though Crimson Peak – the latest Gothic Horror from del Toro – hasn’t been quite as well-received as he likely hoped (read our review here), hearing these two filmmakers talk about the film in a recent Q&A held by the Director’s Guild of America, will not only make you want to give Peak another shot possibly, but also go and marathon both of these directors’ respective filmographies.
You can find the full Q&A below:
Crimson Peak is currently in theatres now.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016