J.J. Abrams and co. seem like they’re trying to pay as much tribute to the Original Star Wars Trilogy as they can with Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens, and perhaps one of their smartest choices from the beginning was bringing John Williams back on to compose the film’s score. The legendary figure has not only composed some of the most iconic and beautiful pieces of music in cinema history, but also every single one of the past six films in the franchise.
In a new extended clip from the 60 Minutes special on the film too, you can watch Williams compose the opening scene from the film, as Abrams looks on near the rest of the orchestra. The director looks just as transfixed as you can probably imagine, and hearing just a small piece of the new music will probably make the next few days go by even slower for fans.
Check out the video below:
This is of course the week that Star Wars fans have been waiting for ever since Disney first acquired Lucasfilm back in 2012. With the Los Angeles premiere of the film taking place tonight too, and the official theatrical release happening in theatres all over the world this Thursday and Friday, it’s almost time to go back to a galaxy far, far away. If you weren’t already planning on buying Williams’ score for the film right away too, then this clip probably decided it for you.
We will of course keep our Star Wars coverage going consistently throughout the next few days, and make sure to come back this Wednesday to read our official, spoiler free review of the film. We’ll see you then.
Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens is set to hit theatres on December 18th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016