If you’ve already caught either one of this year’s Kevin Hart-starring vehicles (yes, it’s only mid-February and the funny man already has two films under his belt, even if one only opened today), you’re well aware that the comedian is undeniably good at making any film better by virtue of his particular brand of screeching, jumpy humor. While that might not sound like the kind of thing that appeals (screeching? jumpy?), Hart makes it work no matter the genre – from the cop comedy of Ride Along to the raunchy rom-com About Last Night – and his energetic presence continues to be the best thing about most of his projects.
Will that same magic work in yet another upcoming Hart film? (And just how many films does this guy have coming out this year? The answer is four, just four.) The comedian leads the cast of Tim Story’s Think Like a Man Too, the sequel to Story’s 2012 Think Like a Man, a sprawling rom-com that lifts some of its biggest lessons from Steve Harvey’s dating book of the same name.
This time around, the guys and gals are hitting Las Vegas for a wedding – but first, it’s time for a wild night of bachelor and bachelorette parties. What could possibly go wrong? Especially when the ladies decide to one-up the men at every turn, proving that they can party just as hard.
Obviously, everyone eventually ends up in jail.
The sequel stars a whole mess of talent, including two of Hart’s About Last Night costars, Regina King and Michael Ealy, along with Taraji P. Henson, Terrence Jenkins, Jerry Ferrara, Dennis Haysbert, Gabrielle Union, Romany Malco, and Meagan Good. Despite this stacked cast, Hart is very much the star of this trailer – even when he’s half drowning in a swanky Las Vegas pool and loudly screaming about his “Lambo.”
Think Like a Man Too opens on June 20.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014