You likely already know who won all of the awards last night, but in case you were stuck at work, your DVR freaked out, or you missed the Oscars entirely for some other reason altogether, we wanted to put the best acceptance speeches of the night in one easy place for you to see.
Jared Leto kicked things off with a great speech after winning the award for Best Supporting Actor for his transformative performance in Dallas Buyers Club:
I love Jennifer Lawrence – she’s the new America’s sweetheart, after all – but I’m really glad that Lupita Nyong’o won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her outstanding performance in 12 Years a Slave:
The Lopez family gave a rhyme-heavy speech after they won Best Song for “Let It Go” from Frozen, and Robert’s win makes him one of the few people to with the coveted EGOT – Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony:
Cate Blanchett was a heavy favorite to win over her fellow nominees, and her work in Blue Jasmine earned her another statue (wonder what’s up with her dig at Julia Roberts? An inside joke, maybe?):
12 Years a Slave beat out Gravity – let’s be honest, that was the only thing that could have taken it down this year – for Best Picture, and producer Brad Pitt quickly turned things over to director Steve McQueen:
And in one of the most heated races in years, Matthew McConaughey ended up taking home the Oscar for Best Actor for his work in Dallas Buyers Club. His acceptance speech was my personal favorite of the night:
What was your favorite moment of the ceremony? Let us know in the comments.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014