After the first trailer’s release last summer at San Diego Comic-Con, DC has officially unveiled the newest trailer for their anti-hero team-up extravaganza, Suicide Squad, from director David Ayer. Following a team of some of DC’s biggest and weirdest villains, the film is promising to be one of the most interesting additions to the comic book genre yet. For a studio just settling into their cinematic universe too, it’s one hell of a ballsy follow-up film to the tentpole project that is Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Enough with my rambling though, check out the newest trailer for the film below, which premiere in conjunction with DC Films Presents: The Dawn of the Justice League, tonight on the CW:
— Suicide Squad (@SuicideSquadWB) January 20, 2016
Here’s the film’s official synopsis as well:
“It feels good to be bad… Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren’t picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it’s every man for himself?”
Suicide Squad is set to hit theatres on August 5th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016