Merry (late) Christmas to all of you cinephiles out there.
As most of you are probably already aware, this past week marked the theatrical road show release of Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, and to mark the occasion, the Weinstein Company unveiled a new 40 minute conversation with Tarantino and his friend/critically-acclaimed filmmaker, Paul Thomas Anderson (The Master, Inherent Vice, There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights, etc).
Seeing these two auteurs hanging out should be enough to make any die hard movie fan out there excited, and the conversation that ensues is even more interesting, providing deep insight into the way that these two filmmakers view the movie industry right now.
Check out the video itself below:
Other filmmakers like Christopher Nolan are mentioned throughout, especially when the two start talking about how close to dying film came in 2013, which will hopefully be on a better path now following the success of both The Hateful Eight and The Force Awakens these past few weeks.
Tarantino and PTA’s friendship has been a pretty known thing throughout the years, since both got their start around the same time in the 1990s and through the same outlets for the most part, but seeing it on full display here is one pretty great late Christmas present.
The Hateful Eight is currently in theatres now.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016