Marriage is tough. Relationships are hard. Keeping the spark alive isn’t easy. And although everyone has their own way of dealing with a potentially heat-less romance, it’s just that not everyone’s way of dealing involves an entire sex tape.
For Jay (Jason Segel) and Annie (Cameron Diaz), however, it does. The married couple used to have a hot hot hot sex life, but the demands of real life – their kids, their jobs, their whatever – have made it hard to keep things, well, hard. Their brilliant plan to make a sex tape might sound crazy, but maybe it will actually work for them? Maybe it will bring the spark back!
And it does! But that’s not the problem. You know the cloud?
Jay doesn’t really, but the rest of the world does! Yes, Jay uploads the entire tape (“tape”? sure!) to the cloud via iPad, sending it out into the great internet ether – or at least out to the apparently vast multitude of people they gave iPads to for the holidays, including her boss, her mother, and their mailman. So Jay and Annie aren’t doing so great with technology, but they sure sound like they’re nailing it financially! Unable to understand how the cloud works (who does, really?), Jay and Annie embark on a quest to retrieve all those pesky iPads so that their visual lovin’ doesn’t keep spreading out to the world.
Hijinks, of course, ensue. And you can see a few of them in the film’s first red band trailer (via Yahoo! Movies), a raunchy and wacky enough affair to keep us intrigued. How far is this thing going to go?
Directed by Jake Kasdan, the film also stars such funny talents as Rob Corddry, Ellie Kemper, and Rob Lowe.
Sex Tape hits theaters on July 25.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014