The hype surrounding HBO’s new Westworld series, based on the motion picture of the same name, has been unreal over the past year or so, with edgy reports from behind-the-scenes making the show sound more and more like the kind of crazy, balls-to-the-wall project that HBO has been slowly working towards ever since its first original series. Written, directed, and executive produced by Jonathan Nolan, with J.J. Abrams producing as well, you really couldn’t ask for a much better creative team behind the scenes either.
Before last night’s mind-bending episode of Game of Thrones as well, the new trailer for Westworld was revealed, giving new insight into the show’s look, story, characters, and even tone.
Check out the new trailer for yourself below:
Starring Evan Rachel Wood, Anthony Hopkins, Geoffrey Rush, Ed Harris, James Marsden, Clifton Collins Jr., Ben Barnes, and more, the show’s October premiere date seems fairly fitting following this trailer, which makes the show look like an enthralling amalgamation of sci-fi, horror, adventure, and mystery.
For anyone who’s been paying attention over the past few months, ever since the first teaser was released really, then Westworld had already established itself as one of the can’t miss new shows this year. All the latest trailer has done is reinforce that fact even more, because I don’t think I’m the only one who’s probably rewatched this ten times since its release (at least).
Westworld is set to premiere on HBO in October.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016