Who says Friday the 13th is a bad thing? Not fans of the late, great character actor Peter Sellers!
In a SWEET find, two previously lost short films, Dearth Of A Salesman and Insomnia Is Good For You, were found in Southend, England and are now being lovingly restored and will make their first appearance in over 50 years next year at the Southend Film Festival.
What makes these movies special is they were made in 1957 (seven years before Sellers’ AMAZING AS HELL performances in Dr Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb) and according to Deadline, the word is it’s possible that Sellers used the films as sizzle reels to showcase his MASSIVE talent.
The BBC says the 21 film cans containing the two shorts were found in a London dumpster back in 1966 by building manager Robert Farrow, who then took them home and put them in a cabinet, where they lay until this very year.
“[I] thought they would be good for storing my Super 8 collection in. It was then I realised they were two Sellers films including the negatives, titles, show prints, outtakes and the master print. It was amazing.”
Farrow then gave the films to Paul Cotgrove from The White Bus (they run the film festival), who is now having the films digitally restored and after viewing them, has said that they captured Sellers “in a period when he was experimenting.”
Enough talking! Let’s see some clips provided exclusively to Deadline for our eyeballs!
Insomnia Is Good For You
Dearth Of A Salesman
Man…I love and miss that dude.
The Southend Film Festival will host the screenings on May 1st.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015