Cameron Monaghan is expanding his horizons into supernatural thrillers, joining Jahmil Qubeka’s The White Devil.
Monaghan, who plays Jerome Valeska in the Fox series Gotham as well as Ian Gallagher in the Showtime series Shameless, will head to South Africa in the spring to film the movie, according to Deadline, which is based on the novel by Justin Evans.
The story sees a young American high school senior who hopes to put his past behind him when he is enrolled by his father into a prestigious British boys’ academy. Soon he learns that the school has a past as well – one haunted by a vengeful former student who quickly forms an unhealthy attachment to him.
No one else has been cast in the project yet, which has been under development since Evans published his novel in 2011.
This would be Qubeka’s directorial debut after working different jobs on independent films like The Salvation and Young Ones in 2014.
Monaghan appeared in four episodes of Gotham in 2015 as Valeska, a psychopath who killed his mother, snake charmer Lila Valeska, and later his father, a blind fortune teller named Paul Cicero.
The 23-year-old also has appeared in Mercy Street, Fringe, NCIS and Criminal Minds. He also voiced twin characters when he was just 12 years old for Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Latest posts by Michael Hinman (see all)
- Finn Jones Defends ‘Iron Fist’ Against Bad Reviews - March 13, 2017
- ‘The 100’ Scrapes Up Fifth Season For The CW - March 13, 2017
- ‘Kong’ Crowned King Of Weekend Box Office - March 12, 2017
- ‘Avatar 2’ In 2018? ‘Not Happening,’ Cameron Says - March 10, 2017
- ‘Atlanta’ Star Zazie Beetz Plays Domino In ‘Deadpool 2’ - March 10, 2017