A few weeks ago, a rumor hit the web that Ghost Rider, the beloved anti-hero from Marvel comics, would be joining Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which at the time was based purely on a promotional image put on the side of a San Diego train for the series, which featured a fiery linked chain. Of course, everyone instantly saw that as a tease for Ghost Rider, rather than the Inhuman Hellfire that was recently introduced in the show, who also uses a fiery chain.
There wasn’t much to the rumor at the time, as you can tell, but a new casting report for the show could indicate the introduction of the character after all, though, not necessarily the Johnny Blaze iteration that fans are most familiar with.
TVLine is reporting that the series is looking to cast a pair of Latino brothers in the fourth season, one that is described as being “the most dangerous person in the room,” while the other is “paralyzed in a wheelchair.” While those descriptions don’t fit Blaze, they do fit the description for Robbie Reyes, a different incarnation of Ghost Rider who had a disabled brother named Gabriel.
Obviously, this still isn’t much to go on and should be considered purely speculation for the time being, but it is a bit more substantial than just a promo image on the side of a train.
Ghost Rider has been heavily rumored to be reintroduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the past year or so, ever since Marvel first got the rights back to the character. Though a majority of the rumors have hinted at he being in his own Marvel and Netflix series, this could work as well, and would also help out Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s mostly obscure roster right now.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016