Just this morning, we wrote about the new look for the Stormtroopers in Star Wars: Episode VII. Now the same site that debuted those images has come into possession of some concept art from the movie that features costumes that are intended for Harrison Ford’s Han Solo to wear.
Normally, I wouldn’t really care too much about this – it is just costume concept art, after all – but I noticed something about the second image that I think is worth bringing up. Does it remind you of anything?
It’s obvious to everyone with a pair of eyes that Nathan Fillion’s Malcolm Reynolds character from Joss Whedon’s “Firefly” (and Serenity) was originally inspired by Han Solo. And while the yellow shirt Solo’s rocking in that photo doesn’t look like anything Reynolds would be caught dead wearing, the trench coat looks like a dead ringer to me. Yes, Solo wore a trench coat in Return of the Jedi, but it didn’t have the same look. This one appears to be inspired by the one Reynolds wears, which completes a weird ouroboros of inspiration between these sci-fi space westerns.
But hey, maybe I’m crazy. What do you think?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014