One of the biggest sins in Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Apocalypse was the complete and utter squandering of the new, young mutants they had brought into their lineup, including Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), Scott Summers (Tye Sheridan), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Storm (Alexandra Shipp). This latest piece of deleted footage from the film, just condemns its theatrical cut even more too.
Now, there was a lot of well-known deleted scenes from Apocalypse to be clear, but one of the most infamous was the mall trip that the young group of mutants took together, with the theatrical cut only including one small snippet of them leaving Return of the Jedi and Jean making a bit too on-the-nose comment about the third films always being the worst in trilogies.
That full mall montage has been released online now though, and yeah, it’s kind of incredible, fun, original, and enjoyable to watch. So basically, what a majority of X-Men: Apocalypse wasn’t.
All I’ll say is that Jubilee using her fireworks powers to kickstart the arcade game, is the kind of fun and unexpected interactions that have made some of the previous X-Men films successes, and the absent of them in Apocalypse, a jumbled and incoherent mess from beginning to end, is one of the biggest reasons it was such a disappointment. Plus, we actually got to see Scott and Jean bonding a little bit. Can you imagine?
X-Men: Apocalypse is set to be released on blu ray and DVD on October 4th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016