Following the release of several team posters over the past few weeks, a new trailer for Twentieth Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse has been revealed, and it’s arguably, the best look at the film we’ve gotten yet, actually giving some insight into the titular villain’s origins, and some more footage of Oscar Isaac’s First Mutant in action. Which is still the biggest reason I’m looking forward to this movie.
If you were questioning some of the film’s cheesy special effects as well, they’re still a little rough around the edges, but are starting to look better here and there, especially when it comes to the slow-motion explosions and destruction that seem to be a stylistic reoccurrence of the film.
Check out the latest Apocalypse trailer below:
I’ve heard mixed things about the film up until this point, but with so many interesting new additions to the X-Men universe happening here in not only Isaac’s Apocalypse, but also Sophie Turner’s Jean Grey, Tye Sheridan’s Cyclops (who looks to have an interesting battle with Alexandra Shipp’s Storm at some point), and more – it at least looks like director Bryan Singer’s most ambitious X-Men outing yet. Now let’s just hope it ends up giving the kind of conclusion that both Days of Future Past and First Class deserve.
X-Men: Apocalypse will hit theatres on May 27th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016