With just a little over a month left until the film’s theatrical release, Twentieth Century Fox has revealed a new official theatrical trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse, which is set to be the conclusion to the current X-Men trilogy, and brings about the iconic titular villain (played by Oscar Isaac) to wreak more havoc and madness upon the superhero team than they’ve ever encountered before.
The newest trailer also confirms a recent rumor that surfaced online as well, which teased the possibility of Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine making an appearance in the film, despite the comments made by Singer and Jackman last year.
Check out the trailer below:
The best trailer for the film yet, is also the most spoiler-heavy.
I’ll be honest, as much as I am genuinely looking forward to this movie, the one aspect that I’m still not a fan of, and it’s almost too predictable of a move for the studio to make, is having Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique become the leader and teacher of the X-Men in this film. It just seems like such an odd role for her to take on, and while I think Lawrence does a fine job as the character, having her “teach” Jean Grey and Cyclops just feels wrong in a way.
With that being said, the small moments of character interactions here are pitch-perfect. Whether it be the reveal of Quicksilver being Magneto’s son, or even the small fight between Beast and Psylocke. For what it’s worth too, the special effects have become increasingly better with every new trailer. Though I imagine the global levels of destruction featured in the film will probably be more than enough to annoy some comic book fans out there.
I’ve heard mixed things about the film behind-the-scenes, but I have faith in Simon Kinberg and Bryan Singer to give us a fitting and satisyfing end to their trilogy. Fingers crossed.
X-Men: Apocalypse is set to hit theatres on May 27th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016