Nation, imagine a perfect world. No war, disease, or injustice. Close your eyes…. it looks pretty doesn’t it? Now, picture in this Utopia that you are sitting in your living room, booting up your Xbox One as your best friend, in his center of Zen, boots up his PS4. You both enter Rocket League, click on ‘VS’ and began to play each other… This week marks a change in attitude at Microsoft.
A worldwide utopia unfortunately is not on the way, but the ability to play games on multiple platforms on Xbox Live is at the very least open to discussion, according to Chris Charla Director of ID@Xbox (via Xbox.com)…
“First, in addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we’re enabling developers to support cross-network play as well. This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks.”
This is the first step. The folks at Sony and Nintendo would have to be willing to work with Microsoft. Developers would have to figure the minutia of the hardware/software setups.
To this gamer though, just the fact this idea is being discussed is a miracle. The console wars have truly been brutal; we have lost Atari, Sega, and so many others along the way. This is great news.
Now Nation, are you excited about the prospect of playing your favorite games with your friends who may own other console? Fire off your opinion below and keep it locked her to GeekNation for all your video game news.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016