Have you ever wanted to watch a movie with a renegade cop who knows kung fu going back in time to fight Nazis while riding a dinosaur? Of course you have! Now, you have the chance to do just that.
Kung Fury is a crazy homage of a short film, and it owes its existence to the action clichés of the 1980s. Crowdfunded last year and hitting its goal three times, Kung Fury is an energetic cavalcade of a short film, with enough surreal humor to make your eyeballs pop out. The official synopsis for the film reads,
Kung Fury is an over-the-top 80’s action comedy that was entirely crowd funded. It features Kung Fury, a Kung Fu renegade cop who travels back in time to kill his Nemesis, Hitler. The film features nazis, dinosaurs, vikings and cheesy one-liners.
Watch the full film below.
Kung Fury actually debuted at Cannes this year, and is a definite crowd pleaser for those who enjoy their humor with a bit of a surreal twist. The film even had an official music video made featuring none other than 80s icon David Hasselhoff performing the film’s signature tune, “True Survivor.” On its Cannes screening, Variety has even called Kung Fury the “most awesome project” from the famous film festival. Created in Sweden by writer, director, producer, and star David Sandberg, Kung Fury is a very unique mixture of a lot of familiar elements, but presents them in such a way that the entire experience is surprising and unique.
Besides, who doesn’t like seeing Hitler kicked in the face?
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015