For those who have been waiting for the better part of 15 years to see the next adventures of supermodel extraordinaire Derek Zoolander, your wait is nearly over. Paramount Pictures recently released the film’s first teaser trailer, which goes out of its way to emphasize the brain power — or lack thereof — hidden inside the mind of the titular character played by Ben Stiller.
See the trailer below.
Alongside Stiller, Zoolander 2 will see the return of other original players like Owen Wilson, Billy Zane, Will Ferrell, and Christine Tayler. Joining the cast for this second installment are such stars as Penélope Cruz, Kristen Wiig, Fred Armisen, Justin Bieber, and Ariana Grande.
Discussion surrounding a sequel has been ongoing since at least 2008, but the film didn’t sort out its production schedule until earlier this year. Principle photography lasted from April to July, with the story for the sequel said to revolve around picking up the story of Derek and Hansel over a decade after the conclusion of the first film. In 2011, after the script was reportedly completed, Stiller stated that much of the film would be set in Europe. It’s not yet known if this is still the case, but either way, the wait for the new chapter in the dim-witted model’s life will be released fairly soon.
Zoolander 2 is scheduled to be released on February 12th, 2016. For more on the film as it develops further, keep it locked on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015