Spreading across the internet like wildfire is the news that Breaking Bad star and two-time Emmy winner Aaron Paul has signed on as the lead in the upcoming Need For Speed live-action film.
Inspired by the long running, multiple award-winning video game franchise. Need For Speed (or as it’s known in the gaming world, NFS) will be directed by Scott Waugh (Act Of Valor) and penned by brothers George Gatins (EP of She’s Out Of My League) and John Gatins (Real Steel, Flight), and EA’s Patrick O’Brien and Mark Sourian on as producers.
According to the official NFS Wiki, the movie itself is described as “a fast-paced, high-octane film rooted in the tradition of the great car culture films of the 70s while being extremely faithful to the spirit of the video game franchise.”
So in MY mind, we’re hopefully talking some Vanishing Point/Cannonball Run type fun, which would be freakin’ SWEET.
As someone whose day job in the gaming industry and also a fan of this 18-year-old franchise, here’s hoping the NFS movie is just like the game: tons of fast, beautiful cars and a buttload of fun. As the film has already been confirmed as “inspired by”, this means that they can span all of the titles, so who knows? Could be some seriously fun shiz from some of the older titles and Aaron Paul is the right kid to pull it off.
Rumor has it that Taylor Kitsch (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) has also joined the cast but not confirmed…I’m interested to see who else signs on now that Paul’s place in the film is cemented.
If you need a quick history lesson spanning the entire 18-year franchise, I got you covered.
Fast cars, good lookin’ dudes…can’t WAIT till 2014, folks.
Start your engines, darlings.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015