Seems that pairing last night’s mid-season return of “The Walking Dead” followed by the season premiere of “Better Call Saul” was a bold, smart choice for AMC.
According to Deadline, last night’s episode of the returning zombie drama pulled in 15.6 million viewers — 10.4 million of that being the show’s core audience (adults 18-49) — which is a slight drop from last year’s February numbers (15.8), but the show couldn’t quite beat the annual hot mess that is the Grammys.
Night one of a two-night premiere for “Breaking Bad” spinoff “Better Call Saul” brought in some pretty snazzy numbers as well. We’re talking 6.9 million viewers, and what I’m told is a record breaking 4.4 million in its key demographic (which I will assume is also adults 18-49), which also mean it beat out HBO’s “Deadwood” (which had 3.7 million for their premiere episode back in 2004) as “top demo result for a series premiere in cable history.”
Let me repeat that: “Better Call Saul” broke an 11-year-long cable record. Holy balls, people!
To be quite honest, I have yet to see either episode and am shocked no one’s spoiled it for me yet (quiet, you), as I had to DVR them both — but you best believe I’ll be watching last night’s episode of “Better Call Saul” before part two airs tonight at 10 PM — which, by the way, is Saul’s regular time slot. If you need a bit of fun to tide yourself over, be sure to hit Saul’s “official website,” (initially created during “Breaking Bad”). If you’re a fan of the criminal lawyer, it’s everything you’ve ever dreamed of.
“The Walking Dead” airs Sundays at 9/8c and “Better Call Saul” airs Mondays at 10/9c.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015