I’m a huge fan of the first Anchorman film, and I’ve had mixed feelings about the upcoming sequel for a long time. It’ll be great to see Ron Burgundy and the gang back together again, but how could it possibly live up to the insane quotability of the first film? Even when the first trailers for Anchorman 2 debuted, I wasn’t 100% convinced this movie would be as enjoyable as the first go-around with the Channel 4 News Team.
But these two new trailers have totally won me over. It’s clear that Will Ferrell and Adam McKay didn’t miss a beat when writing this script, and the gang is in top form as they head from San Diego to NYC in one of my most anticipated movies of the year. Take a look below, see for yourselves, and then tell us what you think in the comments. (The second trailer is an international version and has a bunch of new footage in it.)
Don’t forget to read up on the new “Scotchy Scotch Scotch” Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor created for the film. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues hits theaters on December 20th, 2013.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014