Back in August, we reported that Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz would be writing a feature film based on the beloved TV show before he began production on its fifth season. But now it looks like another project might further delay the Bluth family’s return to Netflix.
It was just announced that Fox 2000 has picked up Guinea Pigging, a comedy that will be directed by Hurwitz, with a script written by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant . The script is based on a 2008 New Yorker article written by Carl Elliot, that looks at what Elliot calls the “Guinea pig underground” of drug testing subjects.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lennon and Garant’s pitch describes the plot this way:
“[It’s a] sophisticated comedy about a human drug-test subject who volunteers for testing at a pharmaceutical company and experiences unusual side effects.”
Garant and Lennon have a quickly become highly sought after screenwriters, and are currently developing a film adaption of the TV show “Baywatch”. Guinea Pigging will be the feature directorial debut for Hurwitz.
Combining the comedic talent behind “Arrested Development” and “Reno 911” seems as close as you can get to a sure thing and I’m always interested in any comedy that’s based on something kind of dark, so I’m totally on board with my fingers crossed.
Are you excited to see this movie? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014