No longer a pipe dream, Ubisoft’s CEO Yves Guillemot let the world know that the Assassin’s Creed live action film is officially in production, with a release date that’s not too far away!
But wait! That’s not all!
Deadline reports Marion Cotillard (above) — who turned in an AMAZING, Oscar-winning performance as Edith Piaf in La Vie En Rose, but whom most know as Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Rises (and nominated for yet another Oscar for her turn in Two Days, One Night) — is joining Fassbender to play a yet-to-be-revealed character that is “meant to span multiple films,” should AC become a successful film franchise. As the two just worked together on the film adaptation of Macbeth for The Weinstein Company, the dynamic between the two should prove interesting.
As production is underway with shooting commencing in the fall, Fassbender should have just enough time to play just about every title in the AC franchise by then. When he told The Daily Beast last year he’d “…heard of it but had never played the game. I don’t have a video game player…that’s not what they’re called. [Laughs] I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they told me the story behind it, and I thought it was very interesting—the idea of reliving memories,” I thought, “I’ll come over and play with you!” Heh.
Oh, I forgot to mention the all-important release date, didn’t I? Stop yelling at me and I’ll tell you.
Assassin’s Creed hits theaters December 21, 2016.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015