The pivotal moment in the birth of the Batman will be depicted in the upcoming DC Comics crossover film featuring the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel.
Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is currently shooting in Chicago, and recent photos from the set have shown up online depicting an important locale and some of its identifying features that point to the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne being depicted in the movie. The Aragon Ballroom in Uptown Chicago has had its marquee changed to feature the title of an old Hollywood classic that should be very familiar to fans intimately familiar with the Dark Knight’s origin story. In these photos from a report at Batman-On-Film.com, you can clearly see the building dressed to depict that pivotal moment in the formation of Gotham’s foremost vigilante:
This actually spells some interesting notes about the future film’s depiction of the origin story, in that it will be conforming to a detail not previously observed in other films. Tim Burton’s Batman film from 1989 did not mention the movie that Bruce and his parents went to see, while Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins actually changed the event that Bruce and his parents attended to an opera. The Mark of Zorro has been the film that the Waynes have gone to on that fateful night since at least as far back as Frank Miller’s seminal 1986 limited series The Dark Knight Returns. For people who like fidelity to the source material, this should be a good, if unsurprising bit of news.
Check out a brief Instagram video of the scene being shot below:
For more on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as it develops, be sure to keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015